The equipment loaner program is back for the 2019 JJYL Fall Clinics
New to JJYL registrants who reside in the Katonah-Lewisboro school district can participate in the John Jay Youth Lacrosse Equipment Loaner Program for boys and girls.
The loaner program allows players to try out the game of lax while removing the burden of committing to a large equipment purchase without knowing if your son or daughterwill stick with the game.
You borrow and pay for the gear ahead of the clinics and you can either return them by November 15, 2019 for a full refund or keep them and only pay JJYL’s discounted cost.
We will be offering the program again to eligible new players who register for our 2019 Boys or Girls Fall Clinics!
Here is how it works:
Who is eligible?
- Boys and girls in grades K-8 who meet the following criteria:
- Must be a first time registrant to John Jay Youth Lacrosse, and;
- Have paid registration for the fall clinics, and;
- Reside in the Katonah-Lewisboro school district.
Girls indicate they would like to participate in the program when registering and will receive the stick and eyewear at the first clinic.
What gear can I borrow?
- Boys can get a helmet, stick, shoulder pads, arm pads, and gloves. You must provide your own cleats, protective cup, mouthguard and waterbottle.
How do I sign up for the loaner program?
- Parents/guardians first must register and pay for their son for our fall clinics: http://bit.ly/JJYL2019FallClinics
- You must then register separately for the equipment loaner program -- and indicate the gear you want to borrow (You will be required to come to a fitting session and gear handout before the first clinic, dates to be announced): http://bit.ly/JJYL2019LoanerProgramFall
- When you register for the loaner program you will be charged for the discounted JJYL cost of the gear you are borrowing (Full set of gear: $205 By piece: Helmet ($90); Shoulder Pads with HART guard ($40); Arm Pads ($20); Gloves ($25); Stick ($30). This is fully refundable if the gear is returned on time (by November 15, 2019)
- An online waiver must be on file, signed by parent/guardian in order to participate. (This is built into the online registration form)
What do I do with the gear at the end of the clinics?
- At the end of the Spring Season players have two options:
- Let JJYL know you plan to keep the equipment and no further action is required.
- Return the equipment by November 15, 2019 and receive a full refund (refunds are typically processed within 30 days of returning).
NOTE LATE FEES AND CUT OFF DATES FOR RETURNS: Any gear returned after November 15, 2019 will be charged a $50 late fee. If the gear is still not returned by November 30, 2019, it will be considered purchased by you and you will not be eligible for a refund.