The equipment loaner program is back for the 2020 Spring Season DRAFT ONLY - WILL BE UPDATED JAN 6, 2020
New to JJYL registrants who reside in the Katonah-Lewisboro school district can participate in the John Jay Youth Lacrosse Equipment Loaner Program for boys and girls.
The loaner program allows players to try out the game of lax while removing the burden of committing to a large equipment purchase without knowing if your son or daughter will stick with the game.
You borrow and pay for the gear by March 1, 2020 and you can either return them by June 15, 2020 for a full refund or keep them and only pay JJYL’s discounted cost (by forfeiting your deposit).
We will be offering the program again to eligible new players who register for our 2020 Boys or Girls Spring Season!
Here is how it works:
Who is eligible?
- Boys and girls in grades K-8 who meet the following criteria:
- Must be a first time registrant to John Jay Youth Lacrosse, and;
- Have paid registration for the spring season, and;
- Reside in the Katonah-Lewisboro school district.
Girls indicate they would like to participate in the program when registering and will receive the stick and eyewear at the first clinic.
What gear can I borrow?
- Boys can get a helmet, stick, shoulder pads, arm pads, and gloves. You must provide your own cleats, protective cup, mouthguard and waterbottle.
How do I sign up for the loaner program?
- Parents/guardians first must register and pay for their son for our fall clinics: LINK TO COME JAN 6, 2020
- You must then register separately for the equipment loaner program -- and indicate the gear you want to borrow (You will be required to come to a fitting session and gear handout before the first clinic, dates to be announced): http://bit.ly/2020SpringLoanerProgram
- When you register for the loaner program you will be charged for the discounted JJYL cost of the gear you are borrowing (Full set of gear: $205 By piece: Helmet ($90); Shoulder Pads with HART guard ($40); Arm Pads ($20); Gloves ($25); Stick ($30). This is fully refundable if the gear is returned on time (by June 15, 2020)
- An online waiver must be on file, signed by parent/guardian in order to participate. (This is built into the online registration form)
What do I do with the gear at the end of the clinics?
- At the end of the Spring Season players have two options:
- Let JJYL know you plan to keep the equipment and no further action is required.
- Return the equipment by June 15, 2020 and receive a full refund (refunds are typically processed within 30 days of returning).
NOTE LATE FEES AND CUT OFF DATES FOR RETURNS: Any gear returned after June 15, 2020 will be charged a $50 late fee. If the gear is still not returned by June 30, 2020, it will be considered purchased by you and you will not be eligible for a refund. NO EXCEPTIONS!